St. Andrew School Foundation
The St. Andrew School Foundation was established in 1988 to develop ways to bridge the widening gap between what parents can afford to pay in tuition costs versus the actual costs of operating St. Andrew the Apostle School.
Specifically, the foundation is building an endowment, the income of which will supplement the school’s budget, primarily in providing tuition assistance and supplementing faculty salaries.
The Foundation is an unincorporated, non-profit parish organization, operating under a foundation constitution and by-laws. It directs its efforts toward the following goals:
* Supporting an endowment fund that will yield minimum-risk investment results sufficient to supplement the monies needed to operate St. Andrew School and thereby minimizing the increase in tuition costs;
* Planning, developing, and carrying out special fundraising activities, the resources of which supplement the endowment fund;
* Maintaining a public information program to increase community awareness of the Foundation’s activities and goals;
* Cultivating and securing active, dues-paying members;
* Developing a planned giving program for donors wishing to leave bequests, charitable remainder trusts and gift annuity agreements that benefit the Foundation.
The St. Andrew School Foundation is administered by a Board of Trustees and an Advisory Board and managed as part of the Catholic Foundation of New Orleans.
2016-2017 Committee Members: Fr. John Talamo, Jr., Gilly Jaunet (President), Audrey Richoux (Secretary), Patience Clasen (Principal), Ned Kightlinger (Faculty Rep.), Bill Tregre (Emeritus Member), Susie Augello, Ronald Guillory, LaDonna LeBlanc, John Rink, Christina Remetich (Finance), Sharon Kleefisch (Asst. to the Pastor/Development).
Membership is open to all parents, parishioners, and friends of St. Andrew, as well as local businesses and foundations. While the minimum annual donation for membership is $100.00, the Foundation accepts donations of any size, including memorial gifts. Planned gifts such as bequests, stocks, insurance, charitable trusts or real estate are other means of supporting the Foundation.
If you would like more information on how to make a contribution and/or support the Foundation through our planned giving program, please contact the St. Andrew school office at:
The St. Andrew School Foundation
3101 Eton Street
New Orleans, LA 70131
or (504) 394-4171, ext. 104